Full Name: Arda Findikoglu
Date of birth: July 9, 1980
Birth Place: Ankara, Turkey
Current City of Residence: Istanbul, Turkey
Marital Status: Engaged
Occupation: ME Civil Engineer
How I Started in Backgammon: I learned the Tavla from my father 25 years ago most of the Turks do. I don’t remember when, but I think when I was 3 - 4 years old. My backgammon life started in 1997, by playing in the internet,
Backgammon Nickname: Burning heart
Current Skill level: Advanced
Number of years playing Backgammon live: Tavla the entire life. Backgammon for 8 years.
Favorite Tournament Venue: Velden, Austria.
• 2003 II nd Velden Open Backgammon Championship, President`s Trophy Winner.
• 2004 WBF-Turkiye Istanbul Backgammon League Feb - Mar Season, Champion.
• 2004 European Backgammon Championship, Velden, Champions Category Consolation Winner.
• 2004 Groupe Lucien Barriére II nd Enghien-les-Bains Open Backgammon Championship, Paris, Intermediate Category Consolation Finalist.
• 2004 Ist Salzburg Open Backgammon Championship, Gamesgrid Nackgammon Blitz Winner.
• 2004 WBF-Turkiye Grand Finals, Winner. 2004 WBF-Turkiye Annual Backgammon Champion.
• 2004 Ist. Göltürkbükü Open Backgammon Championship, "Double Consultation" Winner (with Giancarlo Fassina).
• 2004 WBF-Turkiye Istanbul Backgammon League Nov - Dec Season, II nd Division Winner.
• 2005 WBF-Turkiye Istanbul Backgammon League Mar - Apr Season, II nd Division Winner.
• 2005 WBF-Turkiye II. Ankara Open Backgammon Championship, "Double Consultation" Winner (with Abdullah Sorguven).
• 2005 European Backgammon Championship, Velden, Champions Category Main Semi Finalist.
• 2007 European Backgammon Championship, Velden, Champions Category Last Chance Winner.
Other important finishes:
• 2002 European Backgammon Championship, Nova Gorica, Champions Category Consolation Quarter Finalist.
• 2004 Ist Salzburg Open Backgammon Championship, Intermediate Category Last Chance Semi Finalist.
• 2005 WBF-Turkiye I. Kdz. Eregli Open Backgammon Championship, "Double Consultation" Finalist. (with Seda Koc)
• 2007 WBF-Turkiye Istanbul Backgammon League Mar-Apr Season, II nd Division 2nd Runner-up.
Favorite Backgammon book: Backgammon by Paul Magril always the best.
Favorite Music: New Age, World Music.
Favorite Film: Green Card (Gerard Depardieu - Andie Mc Dowell)
Favorite Food: Just bring me some food
Other Interests & Hobbies: Organizing BG events in Turkey as an association of about 1500 members from 29 cities.
Person I'd like most to meet: M.K.Atatürk
Favorite Celebrity: Never thought about it but he can be Al Pacino.
If I could change anything in the world, I would... I do something to bring loyalty to the human spirit. I am such loyal person and today as I see hundreds of disloyal people around me.
If I could change anything in the Backgammon world, I would... I do something to bring all the clubs and associations together in order to form one big association, all the clubs inside cooperating each other.
Additional comments: Thanks to Michael Strato for forming this website. I believe BG world needed such effort. It will be nice to know about the personal details of the other international player who I meet usually in events.