Full Name: Christian Skjæran
Date of birth: 30/11/1973
Birth Place: Copenhagen
Current City of Residence: Ballerup (outside Copenhagen), Denmark.
Marital Status: Married to lovely Duangduean Ratchomphu from Thailand.
Children: Two stepchildren in Thailand.
Occupation: IT Manager (primarily working with intranets and Microsoft SharePoint 2010 solutions).
How I Started in Backgammon: I had spare time between classes at the Copenhagen Business School in 1992-1995 and started using FIBS (First Internet Backgammon Server).
Book I have written: To be published in 2011: “Become a better backgammon player” (a free-of-charge advertisement funded beginners book written in Danish).
Backgammon Nickname: Laban.
Current Skill Level: Advanced/Expert.
Number of years playing Backgammon live: I joined Danish Backgammon Federation in 1997 and joined a club in 2000. Since getting married in 2005 I have not played many international tournaments (did Monte Carlo World Championships and Czech Open a few times).
Favorite Tournament Venue: Nordic Open, Copenhagen (yearly tournament).
– Winner (main), 4th Svendborg Open, B flight, 30.08.2003
– Winner (main), Czech Open V , Beginner flight, 16 – 20.07.2003.
Other important finishes:
– Runner up (main), Copenhagen League Singles, Talents flight, 01-23.09.2010
– Runner up, Individual Danish Championship, 18-19.11.2006
– Semi-finalist (cons.), Open Jutland Championship, Middle flight, 10-11.09.2005
– Runner up (main), Open Bornholm Championship, Main flight, 31.07.2004
– Semi-finalist (main), Farum Open, Middle flight, 22.05.2004
– Semi-finalist (main), MaltMaster Open, Main flight, 18.10.2003
– Runner up (last chance), 15th Nordic “Wide” Open, Novice flight, 17-21.04.2003
– Runner up (main), Solrød Open, Middle flight, 28-29.11.2000.
Favorite Backgammon book: “Backgammon Boot Camp” by Walter Trice.
Additional comments: I am the Chairman of the Copenhagen Backgammon Club which might be the worlds largest club with around 70 paying members. We meet every Thursday (except July and around Easter, Christmas and New Year) at our “club house” which is located near Valby train station. Besides the Thursday activities we also arrange Christmas lunch tournament, Club Championships and more a few weekends a year.