Philip Simon Vischjager
Full Name: Philip Simon Vischjager
Date of birth: October 27, 1958
Birth Place: Rotterdam, The Netherlands
Current City of Residence: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Marital Status: Married
Children: 2 (a boy and a girl)
Occupation: Buy and Lease Real Estate
How I Started playing Backgammon: Small club in Amsterdam (once a week). By watching good players I did learn a lot.
Backgammon Nickname: Philams2000
Current Skill level: World Class 3.7
Number of years playing Backgammon live: 25 years – Playing serious in tournaments from 2000 onwards (first couple of years in the Netherlands only).
Favorite Tournament Venue: World Backgammon Championship Monte Carlo
– 2000 Dutch Open – Winner
– 2001 Dutch Open – Winner
– 2002 Dutch Open – Runner-Up – 2001 Amsterdam Open – Winner
– 2002 Amsterdam Open – Runner-Up Consolation
– 2002 Tournament of Spirits – Winner Winner Consolation in Rotterdam 2003 and Antwerp 2004, Winner in Hilversum 2005 and 3rd in Dutch Top 12 2007.
International (from late 2005)
– 2006 Monte Carlo World Backgammon Championship – Winner
– 2006 Paris Open – Semi-Finalist
– 2006 Antwerp Open – Semi-Finalist
– 2006 Seefeld – Last Chance Finalist
– 2006 Oxford – Semi-Finalist
– 2006 Venice – Consolation Finalist Favorite Backgammon books: Paul Magriel Backgammon and Bill Robertie’s Advanced Backgammon 1 and 2.
Favorite Music: George Benson and Simply Red
Favorite Film: One Flew Over The Cuckoo’s nest
Favorite Food: Fish
Other Interests & Hobbies: All kind of Sports, Golf and fitness
If I could change anything in the world, I would… take more care about the poor people
If I could change anything in the Backgammon world, I would… make more (country) team competitions during the single events